Tuesday, January 5, 2010

BIG STRINGS!

The Sounds of VTech / Suite For Ma Dukes: Take Notice




how would I love to have access to a big phat orchestra!?!?!
when I listen to the old funk/soul ish that lights my fire it is usually the contrast between the funk and the orchestration that really makes it work....barry white was a true master of this balance.
on the other hand, I am not into super repetitive/hi energy house or techno, but when you watch this clip from Jeff Mills with the Montpellier Philharmonic, it is obvious the crowd buzz off the extra energy that the orchestra brings.

here is a new project of J.Dilla beats, orchestral stylee...it's interesting and I am looking forward to hearing more.

until then, here is a reminder of what Barry White was capable of:



enjoy.

ashwan

No comments:

Post a Comment