Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Cypher pt.i



Circles have been featuring in my studio recently. Not sure how far they are going, but I needed to try a few. Even with my square canvases I am always rotating them while I am painting. I guess something inside me feels like a record is inside each of the squares, like they're big sleeves or something.
So here is one I rolled out (literally)the other day.
Called The Cypher pt.i it is Acrylic and mixed media on canvas and measures 96cm in diameter x 10cm thick.
I didn't use any text on this as it is more of an instrumental idea. I wanted to capture some of the feel of the tunes we'd b-boy to back in the 80's, that futuristic cosmo-funk. NUNK, NUNK AIN'T NO PUNK, EVERBODY ROCK TO THE NEW WAVE FUNK.










Hopefully listening to those should give you an idea of where I was going with this one.

PEACE, UNITY, LUV and HAVING FUN!
ashwan



No comments:

Post a Comment