Sunday, January 2, 2011

MK on mixcloud



for those who don't know, DJ MK is the man on the wheels of steel behind Dizee Rascal and Roots Manuva. I first met MK in the early 90's when he was coming up in the London scene at carnival there. He sold me one of his mixtapes...it was DOPE! I need to dig it out and upload that ish. MK has had skills for time and is one of the most respected hip hop dj's in the UK, but still seems to have kept it underground, despite hosting radio shows with KISS FM. To me this is because he is all about the music and none of the nonsense.
more recently MK has turned his kitchen into a venue for a live stream internet 'tv' show called 'funhouse'. filled with big name guests, this is purely for the love of the beats. it is the closest thing to pirate radio I have heard (or seen) in a long while.
keep an eye on MK's blog for updates and info.

peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment